At the University of Texas at El Paso, we catalog all our theses and dissertations.

1.        We get the date from the vita. If there is no birth date, we do not add it unless we need to break a conflict. In that case, we try to contact the author or else we get the information from the Registrar’s office.

2.       We routinely add the date if available

3.       We have not had any issues with authors who are UTEP students. I’ve only ever had one such problem, but that was not a UTEP related person. He refused to let me add a date or use his full middle name to break a conflict. I had to contact the other person with the same name to get more information to break the conflict.

Nancy Hill

Asst Library Director for Technical Svcs

University of Texas at El Paso Library

500 W. University, El Paso, TX 79968

915-747-6722

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." Mark Twain