Hello,

I'm a programmer/analyst with NYU's Digital Library Technical Services. I'm
involved with preservation efforts for various types of digital objects. We
are looking into Premis and its various aspects to help with preservation,
such as agents and object Roles. The data dictionary and other documents
mention using controlled vocabulary for Roles. However, I haven't yet found
any registry which contains such controlled vocabulary. I was wondering if
anyone was using Roles and if so, do you have your own list for your
institution or is there something that's common which I have totally missed.
There is a LoC constructed list for events here:
http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/preservationEvents.html

Thanks for your help!

Esha

Esha Datta