I believe a previous post (by Bob O?) implied that in the player,
extra work spinning the disc to keep the read speed steady resulted
in starving the audio circuits due to poor power supply design. It's
as though a record with an off-center center hole had to be speed
corrected on each revolution, draining off audio processing power.
Did I interpret that correctly?

<L>
Lou Judson
415-883-2689
You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your
grandmother. --Albert Einstein