-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Ramm
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Jack Palmer

Did I miss a posting somewhere? I JUST heard that our good friend Jack
Palmer  (Mr. Vernon Dalhart) died just before Halloween! There will be a
short
tribute  to him in the December "In The Groove" but this was shocking
news to
me! Jack  contributed so much to our hobby and was the nicest guy to
chat
with at ARSC  Conferences - where he gave his Dalhart paper. (SAdly it
was
before the  Conference programs were put up on the ARSC website for us
all to
hear.).
I did dig through my photos and found one I took of him giving his paper
at
 the ARSC Conference in Austin in 2005. I'd like to share this tribute
Jack.  Look at the photo at: _http://tinyurl.com/29faytb_
(http://tinyurl.com/29faytb)    and think of our friend.
Steve Ramm