The November 2010 issue of Black Grooves has now been posted at www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org>.

Our special feature of the month is Seasunz + J.Bless's Earth Amplified, part of the growing body of hip hop dedicated to the Green Movement (see our list of favorite videos at the end of the review). Other hip hop selections include Chicago underground rapper cap D's Polymath, Group Home's tribute to Guru, and John Legend and the Root's Wake Up!.  There are many notable new gospel releases, and this month we've selected projects by Mavis Staples, Deitrick Haddon, Jonathan Nelson, Harold Rayford, Bishop Leonard Scott, and James Abbington. Two new blues reissues are also profiled-Jimmy Dawkins Presents The Leric Story and Junior Wells & The Aces: Live In Boston 1966-along with reissues of Lamont Dozier's Black Bach and the 1973 debut of the Zambian psych-rock band Witch. Wrapping up this issue is Cassandra Wilson's Silver Pony, a new biography of reggae artist Lee "Scratch" Perry plus his latest CD releases, and Colombian traditional music from Reef Records.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
Editor, Black Grooves
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Indiana University
2805 E. 10th Street, Suite 180
Bloomington, IN 47408
www.blackgrooves.org