From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Jan, I personally am not into hardware solutions myself, there
> is software that probably costs less and improves with updates.
> Joe Salerno

It sounds like my pal Joe would rather do everything inside his
computer.  It is becoming evident, at least if we pay attention to the
research and warnings of Gary Galo, that some things are better taken
care of in the analogue mode before the sound hits the computer.  Disc
equalization is one of them, and the RE-equalizer is for those who
pre-amp their phono carts thru a pre-amp with RIAA that can't be
bypassed.  I don't have any experience with the active units you ask
about, but I suppose that they might be based on the old Burwin units
that Mike Stosich of Esoteric used to handle.  If you are as discontent
with some of the results that come from many of the computer restoration
programs as I am, this might be the way to go.  But contact Mike,
because he also does handle CEDAR and computer programs as well.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]