On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:21:06 -0500, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote
> The suggestion, then, is that 21, 22, 23, 24 respectively mean "first
> season", "second season", "third season", "fourth season", where
> season is not  defined, other than to say something like "it may
> correspond to winter/spring/summer/fall (or
> spring/summer/fall/winter) in the north, or
> summer/fall/winter/spring (or fall/winter/spring/summer) in the
> south, or it may correspond to quarters".

With quarters we need to distinguish between calendar and fiscal. Fiscal, in
turn, can start counting nearly anytime--- although in the US 1 April is often
the start to line up with the tax year.

Fiscal is, I think, important given the publication of business data and
financial reports.

> In which case we do not need to accommodate a geographic-location
> field.

But may.