On 25 November 2010 14:11, Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Simon Grant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> of
> >>
> >> For instance if a book has been published several times, it's
> publication
> >> date is a set of dates.
> >
> > How do you square this with FRBR?
>
> I was wondering the same.
>
> > I wouldn't take seriously any proposed single entity with a publication
> set
> > of dates.
> > Doesn't this mean that the entity covers a set of other things each with
> > their own publication date?
>
> I'd say so.

Thanks! :-)

In which case, we have still not found a practical example of an entity
which, in its own right, has a set of dates as an attribute. (Or something
like that in different terms.) I see only examples, like this one, where it
is more helpful to represent a set of *entities*, each with just one date,
or just one interval. And, surely, if we are to have a good specification,
we should go with the simpler, more helpful representation as a basis?

Simon
--
Simon Grant
+44 7710031657