Thanks, Ray.

To elaborate a little, what got me thinking about this was the proposed use
of the doubled "//" which presumably (I haven't checked) is not specified by
ISO 8601. Thus, as it looks to me, the proposal to have intervals beginning
and/or ending with intervals (good idea, by the way, as a way of
representing earliest/latest starting/ending time) *already* breaks ISO
8601.

Thus my suggestion would be to have a number of dots as an alternative to
ISO's "/", and NOT to use "//" at all, which would allow keeping the ISO
8601 single "/" for the middle of interval-bounded intervals in cases where
an alternate formulation (e.g. a number of dots) was used for the terminal
interval. (Sorry if this is a little difficult to follow: I hope not too
much so.)

Simon

--
Simon Grant