On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Per Bothner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> There may be preferable alternatives to the .xx. syntax currently
>> proposed.
>> I'm fairly sure however that we don't want to introduce angle brackets,
>> because after all this spec is intended to be used heavily with XML.
>
> That's certainly a valid concern - though only for people typing raw XML
> documents.
> Probably most people benefiting from this spec wouldn't be typing and
> reading raw XML - but I don't know the target "market" that well.

To me, the obvious target formats are:

1. HTML and XML
2. RDF (in its various syntax forms; both XML and otherwise)
3. JSON

So the details of syntax can't trample of any of that (and thus, angle
brackets are out).

I also think it's highly desirable this be a superset of ISO 8601.

Finally, I think it would be highly desirable to include a working
EDTF parser, say in Javascript.

Bruce