On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Denenberg, Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Discussion of the Extended Date/Time Format, EDTF, seems to have stabilized,
> and the features list has been turned into a draft specification.
>
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/spec.html
>
> We welcome comments, suggestion, corrections, omissions, etc., and there is
> still time to incorporate new requirements.  Please post to the listserv.

I notice that the current EDTF draft lists seasons (Spring, Summer,
etc.) as "features that have been mentioned during development of this
specification but have not been included." Why is this the case?

The use case is periodical issues that often have cover dates such as
"Summer, 2000" or "Spring/Summer, 1999".

Bruce