Have you heard?

The Federal Librarian Competencies is being updated.  If you would like
to join the committee doing this, the next meeting is Dec 13, 9:00 to
2:00 at the Library of Congress.

If you would like to help us without attending meetings, we are looking
for librarians or groups of librarians to review and update these areas:

Reference Services

Project Management

Social Media and other new Web technologies

Other web-based services, such as distance education services and
databases

The Semantic Web and new metadata schemas to address it

You can either officially join the committee or you can help without
joining.

We will be writing in December and January, finalizing in February, and
delivering in March.  The 2008 edition is here:
(http://www.loc.gov/flicc/publications/Lib_Compt/Lib_Compt_Oct2008.pdf)

Can you help?  Contact me off list at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Amy

Amy Taylor

Systems Librarian