Hal Cain said on RDA-l:

>As for legacy data, I don't think that really matters; but if it does,
>I think routines could be devised to handle most of this --

My son would have no difficulty resubfield coding years in 260$c
lacking "c" or copyright symbol (to say $p), and substituting that
year in brackets (with question mark?) in $c.

Perhaps 260$c should be copyright year, and $p publication year? Since
the location of 245$h was moved, and the  order of elements in 111 was
changed, subfield tags are not always in alphabetical order.