One inadvertent but very important point that Melissa makes here is
that of having been a music major. Melissa obviously plays or played
an orchestral instrument and having interacted with other musicians,
knows what instruments actually sound like in their native performing
environments. This is something that has been sadly lacking for at
least three generations. Not that everyone needs to be a music major
but not enough of the last 3 or 4 generations have been exposed to an
orchestral performance in an acoustic environment, much less be able
to name some of the instruments.

Shortly after the introduction of the Compact Disk, Rupert Neve
stated publicly his concern that an entire generation would grow up
not knowing what an acoustic guitar actually sounded like. As one
very disgruntled Recording Engineer at the time who had been
witnessing my recorded masters being turned to the sonic equivalent
of shattered glass, i couldn't have agreed more. But Mr. Neve's
statement also drove home the point that I needed to familiarize my
own children with what an orchestra actually sounded like.

And so I did. And they have never been sorry for having been given
the perspective of acoustical fidelity.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering