From: "Michael Biel" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "soundbook" Book-Records Inc, NY

From: Punto <[log in to unmask]>
> A few years back I posted to this list about some interesting Cook LPs
> that were apparently stereo recording that used a separate groove for
> each channel and required two tonearms for playback. Does anyone out
> there have a working turntable fitted out to play these curiosities?
> Peter Hirsch

I've got about 30 or more of these Binaural records but still haven't
found a Cook arm or adapter.  One of these days I should cobble one
together.  I've got enough extra parts lying around.  One of the dual
band records is a Wilbur deParis jazz album on Atlantic, and last year I
also got a copy of the album in a regular stereo issue Atlantic did
about five years later.  Cook also reissued some of the albums in
regular single-groove stereo, and put out one demo CD with a variety of
his early stereo tracks.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]