From: Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, Dec 21, 2010 13:07:22 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mary Osborne query...

I think I have a lp by her but it's in storage. Is there a picture of her
her on a 45 degree angle? I have a pre release pressing.
Shai

On 12/21/2010 4:13 AM, Aaron Levinson wrote:
> Since helping out ever so slightly on a Beryl Booker documentary that > is
being made I was summarily smitten by the woefully under > appreciated
talent of Mary Osborne. She saw a Charlie Christian gig > live in North
Dakota as a kid and promptly went on to make jazz guitar > her life's work.
In a fairer world the fairer sex would get an even > shot and Mary certainly
deserved better. Not that she was completely > ignored in her lifetime but I
think that a male guitar slinger as > kickass as she was would be something
of a household name in jazz > circles by this point and not a tiny footnote.

> Does anyone here have an original LP of Mary Osborne that they would > be
willing to sell or trade. I have a CD burn but I want the genuine > article.