From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ethan Gruber
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: XSLT for HTML display of schema-compliant EAD?

If you want the same stylesheet to work for both schema and dtd compliant finding aids, you can switch all your node names in your templates to *[local-name() = 'nodename']

eg

<xsl:template match="*[local-name() = 'p']">
</xsl:template>

Declaring the namespace in your stylesheet should also work.

Ethan

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Michele R Combs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Kathryn --
>
> I haven't worked much with the schema, but I don't think the problem lies in the style sheet.  The problem appears to be this line in the root element (<ead>) :
>
>        xmlns="urn:isbn:1-931666-22-9"
>
> If you take that out, the document renders fine.  Is that line absolutely necessary?

That line is absolutely necessary for the EAD to be schema-compliant.
The problem lies in the stylesheet; you can try declaring the default
namespace of the stylesheet to be that of the schema version of EAD. I
am not sure offhand if this will work.

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University Library