Steven and other PCC colleagues,

Until there is an RDA implementation decision for LC/PCC, please contact me if an SAR is needed and I'll make one.  Depending on circumstances, I may need to ask for a surrogate.

Judy

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Arakawa, Steven
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 4:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RDA and series

For those NACO libraries not participating in the RDA test, how do we handle RDA bibliographic records where the series is not traced and there is no authority record?  An example is LCCN 2010497737 (Handbook of theological education in world Christianity)  If the non-testing NACO library wants to trace it, does that library establish it (as RDA? as AACR2?) or request that one of the testing libraries establish it?

Steven Arakawa
Catalog Librarian for Training & Documentation
Catalog & Metadata Services, SML, Yale University
P.O. Box 208240 New Haven, CT 06520-8240