On 1/4/2011 4:16 PM, Aaron Levinson wrote:
>     At the risk of being (rightly) accused of civic boosterism I must
> say that the local music scene in Philadelphia is also quite excellent
> these days. We are not a city, except for the venerable Todd Rundgren,
> that is known for spawning rock music so the proliferation of quite
> talented folks in that area is indeed unusual and comforting.

Maybe not "rock music" but the Phila area and South Phila certainly was
important in spawning "Rock 'n' Roll" itself.  Ever hear of a little act
called Bill Haley and the Comets?  And a dozen or two acts on Essex,
Cameo, Parkway, Swan, and a few other labels in the 50s and early 60s.

And who the hell is Todd Rundgren?

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]