From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]>
>I was trained in the narrowest of 'casting - the college radio
> station was sent to the dorms by wire, so our "narrow" audience was
> about 400 rooms in two buildings. Funny thing was, I didn't know
> anyone who lived in the dorms or if they ever listened to KRTG... but
> we had fun.

Likewise! I "broadcast" on WILN...this was a "carrier current" operation
and our signal was superimposed on the AC supply for the school's
dorms...and was otherwise unavailable! Oddly enough, we DID have
an audience...in spite of our being unable to play the "rock" hits of
the time (early seventies). Illinois State U had an "official" FM station,
WGLT...but like most FM stations of that period, they played
strictly classical music! ILN has a new call...and can be heard on
low-power FM; meanwhile GLT broadcasts  mostly blues
(their net operation is blues 24/7!)

Steven C. Barr