-----Original Message-----
From Steven C. Barr:
"...here
in Canada (and in much of the world) the copyright term for sound recordings
is FIFTY years (thus 1960 recordings can be reissued!). This means that
after 12/31/2011 I can legally reissue ALL my 78's...!

"Much of the world" is rapidly shrinking because almost all countries have
signed treaties calling for them to conform their  copyright terms to the
countries having the longest term in effect at the  time of the creation of
the treaty. While the Bono Act has been portrayed as a power grab by the
entertainment industry it in fact was merely conforming US copyright terms
in order to facilitate mutual copyright enforcement with other countries.
Any country that fails to keep that obligation is probably looking at severe
World Trade Organization sanctions.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.562.4346 http://www.bobolhsson.com http://audiomastery.com