From: "Aaron Levinson" <[log in to unmask]>
> Dear Friends-
> Like many of you I have a record collection that is of substantial
> value, both economic and historical, and in many instances contains
> items that are so scarce as to be essentially irreplaceable for all
> intents and purposes. I lie awake at night, in bad humor, imagining the
> catastrophic loss I would incur if my collection were somehow wiped out.
>
> Apropos of this I have considered an insurance policy to cover this
> eventuality. Can anyone here give me their thoughts, experiences and
> insights into the pros and cons of such a solution to my insomnia?

This depends on one important question...?! Do you OWN your
current living quarters...or are they rented? If the former (own), you
should check your "homeowners" policy to see what your contents
are insured for/against...then talk to the agent about adding specific
coverage for your records.

If the latter (rent), you will need to purchase insurance covering
the "contents" of your premises. When doing so, you may need
to establish exactly what it covers?!

I should do this; however, my house has been standing since
1869...and I rigourosly avoid the use of any flame-related
devices! As well, Oshawa, Ont'o., Canada is well north of
"tornado country" and not in a seismically-active area...?!

Steven C. Barr