--- On Mon, 1/3/11, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What kind of warped business logic is THAT???????
> What kind of people do that to loyal business associates and
> customers????  This seems sadistic.

I posted this to 78-l, but I'll post it here, too.  The
only explanation is that corporate bean counters feared
that an admission that a major product like was ending
(after all: name, off the top of your head, some other
product as closely associated with the Technics brand)
would send stock prices down right before the books were
closed on the fourth quarter of business.