There is a small hole in the middle of the large circuit board. The switch doesn't look like a switch, but a little lever...which is green (brown?) as I recall. With the machine turned off, just stick a small screwdriver throught the whole and you can flip the lever.

Karl

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Daniel Roth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Daniel Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Otari MX5050 Bii adjust tape speed.
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 1:50 PM

Hello folks,

I need to change the speed setting on my Otari MX5050 Bii-type reel-to-reel deck from 7 1/2 ips to 3 3/4 ips. Currently the unit is set up for 7 1/2 and 15 ips, respectively. I have found instructions on how to do this by opening the unit and manually selecting the alternate position of "Switch S1." However, I cannot locate said switch inside the unit as instructed.

Any insights, comments, diagrams, images, etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan Roth
Walter J. Brown Media Archives and
Peabody Award Collection