George Blood Audio and Video

2011 Summer Internship

*Introduction – *

George Blood Audio and Video is a leading provider of audio and video
preservation digitization.  At our Philadelphia Studio, every month we
digitize over a 1,000 hours of recordings on decaying and obsolete formats
to a variety of digital formats. Our clients consist of libraries, museums,
archives, and private collectors across the country.

We take great pride in our reputation for the quality of playback of the
original item for optimal digitization, and in the accuracy of our work.  Staff
works together in teams, with each member contributing years of experience
and particular strengths (in analog, digital, database/metadata design,
graphics, IT, preservation, cataloging, etc.).  In this way, newer employees
learn from others’ experiences, and individuals are able to appreciate how
each phase of project design and implementation impacts their own work.

*Internship Opportunity – *

For the summer of 2011 we are offering a six- or eight-week internship to a
graduate student in archives, library or similar areas of study.

The intern will gain an understanding of the range of activities that
comprise audio and video preservation reformatting. Additionally, the intern
is expected to delve more deeply into a particular area of preservation work
and produce a professional level project by the end of the internship time
period.

We take great care in interviewing prospective interns.  Our goal is to make
the internship a valuable experience for both parties.  The intern will work
directly with our Preservation Administrator and Registrar. Applicants
should be prepared to discuss what aspects of audio and video preservation
they wish to learn more about, and expect some give-and-take as we discuss
how those interests can be met within the day to day operations of our
organization at the time of the internship. Please be advised that interns
will NOT be allowed to digitize client materials.

*How to apply - *

To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and the names of two
references. The cover letter should include a statement describing the
applicant’s vision of her/his internship, its goals and how the outcome is
to be measured, preferred schedule (early in the summer or late), and a work
schedule - including any expected conflicts (most interns work
Monday-Friday, 40hrs/week).

Applicants will be contacted by March 1, 2011 if an interview is to be
scheduled.

Internships will be announced before April 1, 2011.

Submit all application materials to:

Cassandra Gallegos, Preservation Administrator

George Blood Audio and Video

21 W. Highland Avenue

Philadelphia, PA  19118

Phone: 215-248-2100

--
Cassandra Gallegos | Preservation Administrator
George Blood Audio & Video