One way to "play" the tape  is play it at 3.75 into a  computer set at 88200 sample  rate.
Then resample the file at 44100 which will give you the equivilant of 1 7/8 speed.
Resample the 44100 file at 21500 which is half again should equal 15/16. The quality cant be any worse than the original voice recordings at that tape speed.
Someone correct me if my logic is  wrong
dnelson