It’s not too early to send your ideas for BIBCO meetings in the Spring!

The BIBCO Operations Committee and the CONSER Operations Committee meet at the Library of Congress on May 5 and 6, 2011 in joint and separate sessions.  Typically, BIBCO attendees are in meetings all day Thursday and in the morning on Friday.  This schedule can be adjusted to take advantage of our time together.  CONSER’s agenda usually extends their meetings to mid-afternoon.

Ten appointees serve as BIBCO OpCo representatives of the entire BIBCO community.  Other BIBCO partners may attend, although we ask that you indicate your intentions in advance so that we can provide seating and documentation for all.

BIBCO and CONSER OpCo meet jointly for topics of common interest, including reports from the Standing Committees on Automation, Standards, and Training, OCLC, and others.  The separate BIBCO OpCo agenda dealt with the new BIBCO Standard Record in recent years.

We’d like to involve our program members in planning and presenting.  You may send topics of interest to your institution, the BIBCO program, and/or the PCC.

Please send your initial thoughts by Friday, February 4 to [log in to unmask].   Your further comments are welcome throughout the spring.

Thanks very much.

Carolyn R. Sturtevant

BIBCO Coordinator

COIN/Cooperative Programs Section