The best solution would be to use a scientific notation. This also makes
more implicit the (as you could already hear it coming) precision.

Such as that in the year 17*10^9 our Sun will become a black dwarf.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:33:44 -0500, Ray Denenberg wrote

--

Edward C. Zimmermann, NONMONOTONIC LAB
http://www.nonmonotonic.net