On Jan 14, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:

> [...]

On this topic, it may be worth mentioning that contrary to what I
believe the EDTF spec says, the form "24:00:00" is defined and
legal in the relevant XSD datatypes; the lexical forms
'2011-01-17T24:00:00' and '2011-01-18T00:00:00' have
the same value.

The seconds value '60', on the other hand, is not allowed in XSD
1.1; it was allowed in XSD 1.0, but only denoting a leap second.

I'm saying all this from memory; if chapter and verse are needed, I
can provide them.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net