Would we have to use the E notation ?

Format: EYffEn

where n is a positive integer (might as well also specify non-zero)

Example: EY17E9

The question is should ff be an integer or should we allow for decimals?

Floating points would let us have dates such as

EY1.2E3

and not say the "same thing" as

1200
EY12E2

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:11:51 -0500, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote