I have a follow up question to those with OPAC's that index EAD (minus Eric as he already explained).  How deep does the EAD indexing go?  Is only collection level information scrapped or can users search directly into container lists from the general OPAC?

Harvard's indexes the full finding aid.

Okay one more, how does the OPAC interact with the EAD xml files?  Is EAD information scrapped (EAD header?  Collection level <did>?) and a MARC record generated or does the index work directly with the XML?

The collection-level MARC record and the finding aids both exist.  In the opac, there is a link right below the title for "more about this collection" that opens the full finding aid.

An example: http://holliscatalog.harvard.edu/?itemid=|library/m/aleph|009516273
Click on <<more about this collection>> to see the finding aid with links to digitized contents
To get back to the bib. record, click on "Standard view"

Thanks again!

Nathan