Nathan,

I gave a presentation on the TRLN project that Jason previously referred to
at SAA this past year.

Here is a link to my ppt, which includes some basic diagrams of the system
architecture and some screenshots of the user interface:

http://saa.archivists.org/Scripts/4Disapi.dll/4DCGI/store/PDFs/conf/dc2010/session102-Huffman.ppt

You might find the speaker notes helpful as well.  In brief, we are merging
EAD records and MARC records for the same collection into a third hybrid
record that is indexed in our discovery layer (Endeca).  The hybrid record
includes the entire container list or <dsc> section.

-Noah

Noah Huffman

Archivist for Metadata and Encoding

Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library

Duke University Box 90767, Smith Warehouse Durham, NC 27708

919-660-5982