Please excuse any cross-postings.

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission will be
holding two conference calls to answer questions about its Digitizing
Historical Records grants program. In brief, these grants support:
“The National Historical Publications and Records Commission seeks
proposals that use cost-effective methods to digitize nationally
significant historical record collections and make the digital versions
freely available online. Projects must make use of existing holdings of
historical repositories and consist of entire collections or series. The
materials should already be available to the public at the archives and
described so that projects can re-use existing information to serve as
metadata for the digitized collection.”

The full announcement is available at
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/digitizing.html.
Applications are due on June 9, 2011.  NHPRC staff will review drafts
submitted by April 1, 2011.

The times for the calls are:

Thursday, January 27, 2011          4:00 pm EST
Tuesday, February 15, 2011          3:00 pm EST

If you are interested in participating, please send an email to
Christine Dunham at [log in to unmask] indicating your first and
(if applicable) second choice.  We are limited to 30 participants for
each of these calls.  If there is sufficient interest, we will schedule
a third call.
***When RSVPing for the call, please send in your name, affiliation and
the date of the call in which you wish to participate.  Please also list
the names of any other staff that may be listening/participating on the
call with you and whether or not you will need multiple phone lines.
Due to a limited number of available phone lines, we encourage staff in
the same location to share phone lines.
The conference call-in number will be e-mailed out to registered
callers once the call is full or one week in advance of the call date.

Thank you,

 Nancy J. Melley
Director for Technology Initiatives
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
202-357-5452
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/nhprc