Hi Michele,

Thanks. Yes, the more I have thought about it, the more I think that <physloc> is right, although its not a case of the physical custodian not providing intellectual access, but the intellection/physical custodian having two addresses.

Even if other contributors to the Hub might use <physloc> for the shelf number, I don't think it would be a problem for us to have a heading of "Physical Location" where for some repositories the information might be something like: shelfmark B.12 and for others it might be: University Library: X branch. As <physloc> is quite wide ranging in what it can contain, this is an inevitable result.

I'm not sure it is totally ideal, as I think they'd rather lay it on a bit more: "To access this archive you need to come to X location". But it does at least give the location.

I do quite like the idea of the use of the stylesheet, but it is a bit more complicated to implement.

Thanks,
Jane.