Thanks to all who responded.  Always interested in what people are doing with EAD.  Eric, I really like your Catholic Portal, thanks for including the links.

I have a follow up question to those with OPAC's that index EAD (minus Eric as he already explained).  How deep does the EAD indexing go?  Is only collection level information scrapped or can users search directly into container lists from the general OPAC?

Okay one more, how does the OPAC interact with the EAD xml files?  Is EAD information scrapped (EAD header?  Collection level <did>?) and a MARC record generated or does the index work directly with the XML?

Thanks again!

Nathan