Just an update on the closing out of 3rd party content databases by OCLC.

Let me know if you have any questions about how this may affect your current subscriptions or per-search usage.

Thank you,

Holly Kerwin

FEDLINK Network Librarian

In March 2010, OCLC announced that it is transitioning from reselling eContent provided by publishers and other content providers as we increase our focus and investment on enhancing WorldCat and delivering new WorldCat platform services and Web-scale library services. Since then, we have moved forward with this strategy.

The following database changes are scheduled to occur during the next several months:

Access ends December 31, 2010 :

Access ends  January 31, 2011 :

Access ends February 28, 2011 :

·         ABI.INFORM per search

·         Alternative Press Index

·         Business Dateline per search

·         Dissertation Abstracts per search

·         GeoRefS

·         Newspaper Abstracts per search

·         Periodical Abstracts per search

·         PsycARTICLES

·         PsycBOOKS

Access ends March 31, 2011:

·         AGRICOLA

A full summary of OCLC FirstSearch database transition information is available here.