I am forwarding this message on behalf of Thornton Staples of the Smithsonian Institution.  This meeting is open to anyone who is using or interested in using the Fedora/Duraspace system.

Mitzi Cole

-----Original Message-----
From: Staples, Thornton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [fcrepo-user] A DC-region Fedora Users meeting, Jan. 18th

I am very pleased to be able to say that the Smithsonian Institution will host the next in an occasional series of Fedora users meetings for the Washington DC region, which I take to include Maryland and Virginia. All of you in Charlottesville and Baltimore, please take note! Anyone else is welcome too, but I would really like to start using these meetings to bring together people from the greater DC region to see if we can get some collaboration going.

We will hold the meeting on January 18th at the National Museum of the American Indian on the Mall, room 4018-4019. The nearest subway stop is L'Enfant Plaza; use the 600 Maryland Ave. exit. The meeting will start at 10 am and run until 4 pm, with a break for lunch on your own. The NMAI has an excellent cafeteria that serves Native American food.

Anyone who would like to talk about what they are doing with Fedora, what they would like to do with Fedora, or related topics, please contact me. I will be talking about what I am planning to do with Fedora at the Smithsonian to support the research and scientific activities of the Institution. I will put together a program and send it out after the holidays. Val Hollister and Andrew Woods from DuraSpace will be joining us to give updates on DuraSpace and DuraCloud, respectively.

Thorny

--

Thornton Staples

Director of Research and Scientific Data Management

Office of the CIO, Smithsonian Institution

202-633-0051

Mitzi M. Cole, MLS
Electronic Library Systems Team Lead
Zimmerman Associates, Inc.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Library
8800 Greenbelt Rd.
Greenbelt, MD  20771
office: 301-286-9348       fax: 301-286-1755
Try our new Goddard Library Search<http://library.gsfc.nasa.gov/center>