Richard,

Thank you for the answer.

You are correct, the message was not intended for the list.

You are also correct in that I should have created a new record and
added references.  My own institution has undergone name changes and
there are NARs for each name, each with references.  I knew that, yet
somehow made this mistake.

But in the changed record, the references were removed and in the new
record there are no references.  It seems clear that the two are the
same, even the Isthmus article mentions Midland, Texas.

Gary