NACO question : Republic of Texas government vs state of Texas government

LCRI 24.6:

“When a succession of jurisdictions would be entered under the same name, use one heading for all, no matter what differences there are between the jurisdictions.

151 ## $a Texas

not

151 ## $a Texas (Republic) and 151 ## $a Texas (State)”

John Hostage                  Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian

Langdell Hall                 [log in to unmask]

Harvard Law School Library    +(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)

Cambridge, MA 02138           +(1)(617) 496-4409 (fax)

http://www.law.harvard.edu/library/