Certainly, if the name were being established now for the first time, it would be based on the fuller form.  But this is not a name change for cataloging purposes.  It's a difference in the fullness of name.  The original question asked for the rule showing why the heading hadn't been changed.  The rule is probably meant to prevent headings from being constantly reconsidered, with all the file maintenance that would ensue.

John Hostage                  Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian
Langdell Hall                 [log in to unmask]
Harvard Law School Library    +(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)
Cambridge, MA 02138           +(1)(617) 496-4409 (fax)
http://www.law.harvard.edu/library/