From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melzer, Philip
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] NACO question : Republic of Texas government vs state of Texas government

Anthony:

Well put, as always.  I recall the effort to sort out headings for Korea, Korea South, the territory under US occupation, the provisional govt, and so forth.

While reminiscing in the authority file, I stumbled upon no2008148410, 110 1_ |a Korea. |b Sovereign (1776-1800 : Chŏngjo).  A curious heading, linked with a 500 to the heading for Chongjo, King of Korea...  Make sense to you?

Phil