Aaron, I assume you are interested in this message.� Please forward it to anyone else you think should see it.

Thank you!

Joan

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Whitsitt, Kathleen S
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: correction to LC to approve genre/form terms for legal materials

Here is the information I have on LC legal genre headings.  You may also read at http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/genrelaw.html.  There are about 80 �155 headings initially for law, and these are searchable now in OCLC LC genre index, Classification Web, and eventually in print.  You can click on the AALL thesaurus link below to get an idea of the specific headings, and they should also appear as �tentative� on Weekly List 44.  LC plans to implement these early in 2011, and I should get the notification when they do.

Kathleen Whitsitt

Authority Control Librarian

Lone Star College System

Automated Library Services