 It seems more like there is so much music it's hard to go through all of
it. I was just listening to a radio program last nite that was discussing
the same thing. They brought up the interesting point that years ago, you
would search long of hard for a particular record or CD that once you got
it. It was all that you listened to for the next 4 months while looking for
the next album to your collection.
  And that maybe the inherent problem when you can download a torrent and
get it all on your computer in an instant. They made another interesting
point saying, I downloaded the same albums, and now I don't know where one
album ends and the next begins on my Itunes. It all melds together into a
giant mass of music.
   The personal value to the music isn't quite as high at that point. We're
spread to thin and our attention spans constantly decreasing.
  I know I'll buy cd's and they'll just sit for weeks because i'm listening
to stuff on the web. Streaming radio, or old talk radio.

  The Problem With Music is US
Peter