So you want a digitization suite? I think I have to offer some points
that might not have been discussed here but will make your life easier.
This goes on the assumption that you need to ingest many hours and can
not attend to every item and listen to it from begging to end. I will
also assume that most materials would have gone through cleaning,
baking, washing, replacing dry adhesives, etc. I offer these thoughts
after almost 20 years of digitization and after countless hours of
transfers and different formats through the door.  One last assumption,
you have clean power, silent computers, good grounding with no
differences of potentials, etc.
1. have two separate ares if possible, one for different stations where
ingesting most materials will happen, and one that is good enough for
your needs for critical listening.  I don't have that luxury now so
critical listening is done in the main room after hours.
2. Make the transfer area as easy to disassemble and renovate as
possible. Your needs will change according to clients and jobs and
flexibility in the area is critical to saving time and money.
3. have all wiring run in conduits or rails near the wall and off the
floor. It looks better, it's easier to clean the room at the end of the
day, and will save you the hassle of moving wires around just 'cause
they jam the wheels of the 200lb studer/ ampex/ whatever.
4. Try to have the floor covered with antistatic guarding tiles. There
are many designs, colors and textures. I prefer mat white. It's easy to
clean, you can spot whatever it is that fell off your recorder in
seconds and it looks nice. I didn't do this in my studio and now I'm
bitching myself about it daily. The antistatic qualities and used mainly
in high tech clean rooms but are great in studios as well. Any good
internal designer will be able to show you catalogs of what's available
in your area. (I will do this one day)
5 try to use diffused lighting and see how you like it. I have one area
in my studio with direct lighting and one with diffused lighting and
there is no comparison. the Diffuse light is easier on the eye,
especially after long hours, makes it easier to see the tapes on the
machines and makes no hot spots if you need to take a picture of
something. It's usually also cheaper because you don't need fancy
fixtures. I used El Cheapo neon lights with T5 tubes and no one know the
difference.
6. Have an excellent pair of headphones around for hopping around. My
favorites are the Beyer DT-880, but there are many others.
7. Have enough flat surfaces for cleaning solutions of your choice,
cotton buds, etc. Nothing aggravates more than looking for these things
when you need to clean a dirty head.

Hope this helps a bit,
Cheers
Shai Drori