RCA Victor often used Webster Hall on the lower east side New York City
(125 East 11th St). It became a dance palace the last time I went by
there (which was many years ago, I'll admit.)

Columbia had studios on 30th St in New York City (207 East 30th St),
from 1949 to 1981. It was originally a church built in 1875.

According to Wikipedia:

The very last recording made in the studio was Glenn Gould's slower and
reconsidered Goldberg Variations (Reappraised) in 1981, a year before
Gould's death.

Columbia failed to buy the building (for an estimated $250,000;
equivalent to $570,000 after inflation) when they abandoned their
contracts with the studio in 1982. CBS felt constrained by restrictions
imposed by the owner, including a closing time of 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. The
owner then sold it for $1.2 million, and it was quickly reacquired for
$4.5 million ($10 million after inflation). The building was later
demolished and a mid-rise residential apartment building called "The
Wilshire" was built in its place, completed in 1985.

DrG