On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:53:26 -0500, Bruce D'Arcus wrote
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM, [UTF-8?]SaaÅ¡ha Metsärantala
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >> not need anything so specific as
> >> location or country: it would only need
> >> something that says "north" or "south."
> >
> > I agree, with the addition that "winter in the north" and "summer in the
> > south" would need to be unambiguously placed at the beginning or the end
of
> > the year.
>
> Jut to be clear, that's not what I'm advocating. My use case is
> periodical cover dates, and I really just want this as simple as
> possible:
>
> x:coverdate "2000-41"
>
> Bruce

And by consequence the precision of the term is quite coarse. Spring, for
example, being anywhere (in Europe) from Mid Jan to July, Winter from Sept
to the end of March, Autumn from Sept to December and Summer from May/June
to October... all depending upon the semantics of the name in context..

--

Edward C. Zimmermann, NONMONOTONIC LAB
http://www.nonmonotonic.net