Ed - can you repost your model.  (I agree, we should refer to it as "reliability".)   --Ray

From: Discussion of the Developing Date/Time Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edward C. Zimmermann
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DATETIME] uncertainty

If uncertainty one must start off with a model of how to describe uncertainty. I provided one such model some time ago. There are others. That is the starting point. I see these as modifiers to our unknown predicate. The term really should be "reliability" rather than unknown or uncertain. A date, after all, that is unknown is unknown. Reliability and trust in the correctness of a given date, by contrast, can be qualitatively described: a continuum from probably wrong to highly certain.