   Hi all,

> I've also seen several of the more popular jazz recordings such as
> "Waltz for Debby" and  "Kind of Blue" sell for well over $500.

   Being a TTP subscriber,  I waited with baited breath, for the
"Waltz for Debbie" issue  to hit my doorstep. I put it on and
listened , and listened, and listened. It didn't move me and I took
it off . The cost was $300 for the issue from the master tape.

    The next day I drove to Deep Groove Records  in downtown
Richmond, Va.  where I bought a half dozen LPs  by Bill Evans,  along
with "Waltz for Debbie."  The LPs weren't cheap but they were in
great shape. None of the recordings moved me. I guess I just don't
groove  with the genre.

   As a subscriber to TTP I will buy everything they release. Having
said that, I take what I can get but won't pay inflated prices for a
50 year old tape; it's a crap shoot. I'll let my tape machines
regurgitate known quantities rather  than pay for a crap shoot.

   Perpetuating  the quality of the music  recorded on the master
tape may be a moot point in today's MP3 mentality.  However, those of
you out there that have access to the real thing, need to think about
how we  can perpetuate the master tapes that might be outside the
copywright laws or how we can reproduce them within the current laws.
Time seems to be getting short as those  that care about  MUSIC  and
how it sounds and is reproduced, seem to be dying off. I'm 69, and my
kids won't know  what to do with my ATR machines and my RTR tapes If
I croak tomorrow. Maybe I'll just put Mike Spits in my will as he
will appreciate the gift my kids won't.

   As Nietzsche said,-paraphrased- "Without music, life is
meaningless."--------- Can  we think about keeping the tapes alive?

   Please reply  with your thought  on this topi as great music
reproduced in a pristine format  is what music lovers live for.

   Ken