From: "Tom Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_nid=GS102TLVKYgsN4BX5SJJFCgl002KM4XJQJbl

> The old roll I have that's running out, circa 1980's, says on the inside
> of the cardboard center, Scotch Brand Core Series 2-4600. Nothing comes up
> under that info searching 3M's website now.
>
> What I'm looking for is white write-on tape that doesn't leave glue
> residue when it's pulled off and doesn't take paint with it. The use is to
> market mic/track id's on a recording console. The Scotch tape is also
> perfect for covering up old writing on tape boxes and writing new
> information. It doesn't dry out and peel off or leach glue into the
> cardboard like other tapes and stickers. Oh, and it's also just as
> effective as the day it was made 30-ish years later.
>
> So is this magic tape type made anymore?

There IS a Scotch "Magic" tape still made and sold. Unlike "scotch
tape" it has a matte' surface which can be written on; as well, it does
NOT seem to turn into a "sticky mess" after a few years. Dunno if
that is what you're looking for?

Steven C. Barr