On 3/17/2011 11:01 AM, James Benjamin Roth wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm digitizing the RCA Victor 78s set of Alexander Kipnis singing Boris
> Godunov (abridged).
> It's catalog number is DM 1000.  Does anyone know in which year that was
> pressed?

I don't have a Kipnis discography handy (someone probably compiled one
for The Record Collector magazine) but judging from that catalog number,
it probably was released around 1946-47.

> Also, is there a catalog anywhere available for sale of the DM, WDM AND M
> series?  Thanks,  J. B. Roth  FAU/RSA

Not yet, as far as I know.  A Columbia set discography is nearing
completion but the Santa Barbara Victor project is up to only around
1926 now, just before the first Victor numbered sets were issued.  It
will eventually include the set listings, I presume.  But maybe Sam
Brylawski could provide the info now.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]